Founded in 1973 by some of the principal members of American morris dancing revival of the 1960s and 70s, the Binghamton Morris Men are the oldest continually performing morris team in North America.
Regular performances that we perform at or host include the following:
- January — Ithaca, NY — as the “Champeons of Folly” we perform a Mummers play for Ithaca Twelfth Night
- April — Gilbertsville, NY and environs — a weekend of dancing and song to welcome in the Spring
- June — Falls Village, CT — The Suds Morris Ale, with tours in surrounding towns
- July or August — The American Travelling Morrice — various locations in the US, Canada, and England
- September — Saugerties, NY — Hudson Valley Garlic Festival, performances with the Bouwerie Boys Morris Dancers of New York City.
- October — The Harvest Home or “Har Ho” — the culmination of our dance season in and around Binghamton, NY
We practice most Wednesday evenings from 7 pm – 9 pm at the American Civic Association in Binghamton. Get in touch if you are interested in seeing what this is about.